To prepare the fish and batter follow these instructions:
- Place the fish in a dish and squeeze half a lime over it, set it aside. Meanwhile, make the slaw and warm the tortillas.
- Slaw instructions below.
- Warm the corn tortillas by heating a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tortilla at a time, flipping to warm both sides, about 5 minutes total. Wrap the warm tortillas in a clean dishcloth and set aside.
- Taste the slaw again and season as needed with more juice. Slice the remaining lime halves into wedges and serve with the tacos. To construct a taco, break up some of the cooked fish, place it in a warm corn tortilla, and top it with slaw and Valencia Orange Crema.
- 1 small red cabbage
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed Valencia orange juice
- 2 spoons cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 medium clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- Very thinly slice the cabbage using a sharp knife.
- In a jar, mix all dressing ingredients EXCEPT the orange juice and oil shake vigorously. If you are using anything larger than a small cabbage, increase the measurements in the dressing since this salad should be generously dressed.
- Set aside for 30 minutes
- drain most of the pickling liquid add the juice set aside for ten minutes, then drain most of the liquid keeping some
- Make a dressing with the remaining liquid and olive oil
- In a large bowl, pour the dressing over the sliced cabbage, toss, and allow it to sit for 10 minutes before serving so it absorbs the flavors.
Valencia Orange Crema:
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 teaspoons fresh squeezed Valencia orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Blend well in a blender add more goat cheese if too runny.